Sunday, January 31, 2010

No “dark” movies for me...

Before going skiing all afternoon, I saw “Animal Kingdom” at the Sundance Festival with my wife and daughter. Great Australian thriller but a bit too “dark” and violent for my taste. My “women” stayed in the theater while I enjoyed some new powder and were treated to two more movies of the same somber “color.”

Skiing was the right thing for me to do and I was glad I made that decision, even though the weather was still snowy, on the gray side but with some interesting luminosity. You see, like I need light and sunshine most everyday, I need a good dose of positive influence on a daily basis as well. While I have been a disciple of positive thinking for a long while and have since brought some moderation that interest of mine, I don't believe that I need to feed my mind with too much negative stuff. I like to see my glass half-full and need much light around me. But again, that's only the way I like things...

No comments: