Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympic Circus

I made a sincere effort to watch as much as was shown to us of the women boarder-cross and as a result, haven't change my opinion a bit about this event that sticks like another unneeded sore on Vancouver's face. My comments apply to both boarder and skier-cross events. First the concept is all fake; it requires a fake run with fake bumps and demand tons of fake snow.
Then, if the first out at the start is any good, there is no more suspense, the race is in the bag. Finally, it shows (if that demonstration needed to be made) that putting four athletes on one run is both a dumb and dangerous idea. It may work for the X-Games, but not for the Olympics. Like Reagan once summoned Gorbachev: “Tear down that wall!” I now beg Jacques Rogge, “Please rid us from that series of god-awful events.” As I said before, at the Olympics, less is best!

No comments: