Monday, February 8, 2010

The Superbowl, team sports and me

Yesterday was my 33rd opportunity to watch the 44th Superbowl, and once again I choose to miss it. Okay, not quite entirely; I watched about 20 minutes of it, including the half-time performance by The Who, whom I used to like a lot, but again that was 40 years ago. Their gig was okay, the two group survivors are old, lasting forever is always a bad idea and there's a time for everything! Remarkable (to me) was the impressive row of five TV anchors at times, who were supposed to comment the action and looked really silly having to take turns in order to profer their 2 cent.
I can watch skiing, biking, marathon, iron man racing and even ice-skating, but have a tough time sitting through any team sport game. I've attended a few of these too, and the only ones I have enjoyed were the NBA playoffs in Salt Lake City, while Micheal Jordan was still playing. I have liked seeing the French soccer team when they were on top of the world and I almost died of boredom the few time I had to attend a National Baseball game. That's about it; I enjoy participating in sport, not watching them. Star athletes won't get rich with me, but that's the way it is. Please, tell me; am I an oddity or what?

No comments: