Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Barbeque deep-clean

Today felt like the beginning of summer and I decided that it was time to deep-clean our good old barbeque in anticipation to the many cook-outs that the good season will bring upon us. No, we didn't fall prey to the 10 foot long, all-stainless barbecue and have decided to stick with our aging device! The ritual ceremony began with hooking up the high-pressure washer, then taking apart as much components that could easily be removed from the grill, getting the machine down the stairs (my spouse helped for that) and then beginning the cleaning.
I won't get into the gruesome details of the washing process and the ensuing separation of foreign elements from the grill, but suffice to say that it's never a pleasant task. Iplace it in the same category of serious dental work. Eventually, the nine-year-old barbecue appeared to have received a new lease on life (at least for another season,) my wife was pleased, I was proud and the neighbor helped me carry the little monster back up on the deck!

No comments: