Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer skiing in Utah

This almost sounds like an oxymoron; spring skiing is something one can take for granted in Utah, but summer skiing, are you kidding? Well yesterday was the first time I did experience lift-served skiing in my State during the summer season. Once more, I was irresistibly attracted towards Snowbird early yesterday morning, and while the snow had significantly melted from one week earlier, it was still possible to ski the mountain top to bottom.

Okay, the snow looked dirty in some spots and felt sticky in places, but it was still decent skiing nonetheless. Definitely superior to European and American glacier skiing. Few people showed up and the snow held surprisingly well for that time of the year. I left shortly after 11 am just because I had promised my wife I'd be home for lunch, but the conditions were still good. Next step in the record-breaking and endless ski season will be to ski in July. That's right, it's just coming in a few days...

No comments: