Thursday, November 3, 2011

Potential

At the end of the line, we ought to be judged on how well and how close we've arrived to reaching our full potential. True, potential for development and achievement varies vastly from person to person and as a result, some can reach tremendous heights while others' achievement may seem unspectacular or not in line with what the fashion or the trend of the moment dictates. In fact our various potentials can take so many different forms and measures that they can't be compared like mere objects.

The true measure stands in terms of what we've accomplished personally against what we could have done. I'm asking the question myself. Have I done as much as I should have to reach my own, full potential. The answer I seem to get back is “not quite, and by a long shot...” Okay, I'll gladly revisit the issue.

No comments: