Sunday, October 7, 2012

The omen...

More than 40 years ago, in October of 1971, I discovered the United States while riding across the country in the iconic Greyhound buses. I had bought one of the legendary passes, like American kids purchase Euro-Rail passes these day.

The deal was $99 for 21 days of travel inside the USA an Canada. I boarded the bus in Santa Monica and stepped out of that incredible transit system in Montreal, Canada after crossing the entire United States, including New York City and Niagara Falls.

I remember that I traveled between Salt Lake City and Cheyenne at night and that, as I was fast asleep on my bus seat, I had a peculiar dream that I couldn't quite understand back then and that was somehow hinting that I had “found the place!”  The bust must have been traveling just a few miles away from Park City at that very moment...

No comments: