Monday, October 29, 2012

Training for Halloween?

Yesterday, my wife read somewhere that it's not a great idea to purchase Halloween candies in advance. I responded by asking if the candies held for too long might eventually lose their taste, become rancid or just pass their expiration date for optimum freshness.
She told me that it was simply that people who see an ample supply of sugar treats laying around their house for an extended period of time can't generally resist the temptation. I should have thought of that, as I am a typical offender who can't help but help myself when I happen to stand than 10 feet away from our household candy storage area that we have strategically located next to my office.

I shrug off any suggestion that I have an addiction by countering that sampling the supplies is a proper way to make sure that the stuff we give-away is delicious and also to train myself gradually for the upcoming candy overdose. I don't usually get spooked by too much sugar, at least not around Halloween!

No comments: