Saturday, October 27, 2012

Where in the world is Yves Bocquet?

A few days ago, I called Mychel Blanc, a friend from France. After catching up on current news and events, he immediately asked me if I have heard a mutual friend, Yves, who normally lives in New York. I told him that I had not, and presumed he was touring Normandy on his Harley-Davidson, which I thought was the last I heard about him.

As Mychel sounded distraught and appeared to be insisting so much that I dropped everything I was doing to search for the “disappeared,” I obliged. After a few phone calls and one text-message, “Bill,” as we call him, re-surfaced and said not to worry as he had just returned from a six week trip touring the Alps and the Dolomites on his bike, and upon coming home, he had been super busy moving himself into a larger apartment in mid-town Manhattan.

I couldn't immediately get the hold of Mychel who, to forget about his presumed loss, had gone to Paris to see the Edward Hopper exhibit, hoping - I guess - to find our friend Bill, as we call him, miraculously captured by the famous artist into one of his pricey canvass!

No comments: