Thursday, June 19, 2014

Miracle cure

Mid-March, as we were cleaning up our former home to make it ready for its new owners, I accidentally flipped one of our huge and heavy garbage containers over my left forearm.

The impact was such that it inflamed one of my nerves and pretty soon, I began to suffer from acute wrist pains when I was typing on my compute or pain in the forearm when I would attempt to lift something.

What was strange was that the pain moved from my shoulder to the wrist depending on the particular motions.

I went to see my doctor on two occasions and while he prescribed anti-inflammatory medicine, exercise and weights, I didn't do anything of that.

Perhaps because he had also told me that the pain would eventually go away as it appeared, and that probably the only thing I heard, and boy, was he right, three month later it gradually vanished. No drugs and no work; my favorite cure!

No comments: