Saturday, June 28, 2014

Projects are never what they seem to be...

A few days ago, my daughter sent me this pair of little sketches and they hit me right away. I think no matter who you are; a CEO, an entrepreneur, an innovator, a do-it-yourself handy guy, or a chef, when you plan something new, it's always simple and looks quite easy and linear at first.
 
Reality soon makes it look much more complicated, deviant and difficult, with lots of ups and down, peppered will all kinds of obstacles and setbacks. So what's the take-away? Pretty clear to me... Begin with the gnarly and tortured path in mind, build your plan around it, no less, and chances are that the end result will exceed your wildest dreams.

As the British writer Lee Child said it so well: “Hope for the best, plan for the worst.”

No comments: