Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Hike to Mt. Timpanogos

Yesterday was the seventh time I reached the top of Mt. Timpanogos, a fortress-like mountain that dominates Sundance ski resort and frames the Heber Valley, on the other side of Park City. This is a wonderful hike and I enjoyed my daughter's company to climb the 4,842 feet vertical.

For her second time climbing, she had much more stamina than I had, which is a clear signal that after seating on my duff for so long, it's now time for me to return to some serious training. There is no room for lying in mountaineering.

Another positive element that the mountain-goats, Timpanogos local resident welcome us and let us shoot pictures of them like I had never done before. Another great reason to return.

2 comments:

Rogan said...

Could you tell me if the streams were running on the Timpanooke trail? Thanks!

Go 11 said...

No they weren't, except for the two cascades on the way up...