Thursday, September 4, 2014

Look! Forty years ago...

Four decades ago, this past Monday, I was starting a new job and a new career with Look Ski Bindings. I had interviewed for the position at the old factory and, that day, I was beginning in a spanking brand new factory, located rue de la Pique, in Nevers, France.
I still remember the impressive conference room with its “bas-reliefs” of skiers from recent years. For a full week, I would be indoctrinated into what what the “Look philosophy” at the time. It was all about long release path, pivot in the tibial axis, water-tightness and durability, all making up for the safest ski binding at the time.

For that short period, it seemed that my new life would be easy, fun and boundless. It would prove to be significantly different!

No comments: