Monday, September 1, 2014

The “average” life

What should an average life be like? One with very few – if no – ups and down? One in which each day looks pretty much the same as the previous one, the future is a mirror image of the past and in which time flows uninterrupted, at pretty much the same speed? Would many folks dream of such a life? Probably an awful lot. Would have I liked it? Certainly not.
I needed strong sensations, excitement, fear and the extreme elation that came with a more chaotic living. My natural curiosity needed a daily dose of nourishment. It has kept me awake and alive so far and will continue to perk up my interest if it keeps on making waves.

As we move forward and grow older, these might be less spectacular, the ebb and flow will get closer, but there still will be plenty of room for the “extraordinary” or the “above-average”, whatever you may call what is generally known as being a bit abnormal...

No comments: