Friday, September 19, 2014

When “Epoxy Man” screws up!

Yesterday, I coated my mechanical room with Epoxy to make it look good, clean and finished. Since it's only 80 sq ft, I used a portion of a kit intended for 500 sq ft. So I prorated the mix between adhesive and hardener to the closest percent, got everything ready, took my time and thought I had thought about everything.

After stirring the mixture and starting to spread it, I couldn't see much of the beige color I was expecting. Most of the coat I spread was almost clear and failed to cover the dark slab surface. I couldn't understand what went wrong.

An hour or so later, it dawned on me that after pouring 15 cl of the clear hardener, I poured 45 cl of the colored adhesive, but forgot to stir the container and the pigments had stayed at the bottom! Today, I'll redo a second, colored coat and all will look good. Live and learn!

No comments: