Friday, November 6, 2015

A pretty good raise...

This morning I got a nice surprise. An email inviting me to check my next payment from the french retirement fund. I must admit that I was shocked to even get a raise! Here in the USA, with the CPI being flat, I got nothing to fatten my monthly retirement check, but the French, which are as broke we are, stepped up to the plate and gave me a whooping 0.1% increase, effective this month (yeah, you read correctly, one-tenth of one percent).
I won't get into discussing the actual numbers, but suffice it to say that I won't buy much with the bump. I was hoping it could get me a modest Porsche Macan Turbo, just to help a tiny bit the embattled Volkswagen group, but after figuring it out over and over, I couldn't even see when I would get enough money for that cute little toy.

Well, I guess, I'll settle for a cool IPA!

No comments: