Thursday, November 19, 2015

A whack on the head?

Early this month, I began feeling a strange pain in my skull. I felt it inside its cavity, not externally. First, just in bed and soon, sporadically, during the day.

One morning, when we had breakfast, my wife told me about a story she had read about a young man who was suffering from excruciating headaches and was subsequently found to have a worm wrapped around his brain after it had migrated up his body.

I told my wife: “I might have the same problem with the strange headache I've been suffering from this past day!” I felt the pain when I was sleeping over my left temporal bone and later on, sporadically, I also felt it during the day. It felt more like a soreness than your typical headache.

Worst, when I was shacking my head laterally, it hurt really bad as if my brain was hitting something very sensitive inside the left skull cavity. I immediately went to see my doctor who performed a series of tests aimed at my sense of balance, coordination and vision, and all ended up being totally negative and made me feel as if I were a wuss and had made the all story up.

Then, the two-days old symptoms gradually disappeared over the following 48 hours, but not before a strange mark appeared on my left temple before eventually going away. Had I played football in school, I could have suspected that activity, but this wasn't the case, and to that day, this mystery remains unsolved!

No comments: