Sunday, November 8, 2015

This weekend Ski Swap

Park City's annual Ski Swap is a big deal and if you have a skiing family and don't want to mortgage your home in order to get them all outfitted for the slopes, you better make sure you show up during the three-days event that takes place early November.

This is exactly what I did, first on Friday night (they opened the place from 8 pm to 1 am), but when I showed up at 7:50 pm, there was already an endless line of people waiting in the cold, that stretched over several blocks.

When I saw that, I got spooked and returned home. I made a second and successful attempt the next morning, brought my spouse along and we took a long look at all the merchandise on display. I'm always looking for one or more pair of "rock skis" which I consume as if they were chocolate chip cookies.

I could only find one, already mounted with bindings, used at the most a couple of time, with a freshly reground base and we brought that baby back home. There was a pretty good selection of stuff, from ski and snowboard equipment, to clothing and accessories.
Anyone who still buy skis at regular retail price is a fool for not checking out that market place first, where most prices offered are at least 40% below the regular "street price"; if you missed it this time, mark your calendars for next year!

No comments: