Monday, March 28, 2016

Talking and fighting about God

Today, I was just reading an op-ed in the New York Times about the belief in God and (lack-thereof) in Atheism. It was saying that doubt permeates both extreme, or should, to validate them.

Interestingly, the article couldn't make room for a “middle way” called agnosticism. Then I read the readers' comments. One of them said it best: “God is Santa Claus for grownups”. Probably on target.

Now where do I fit in this smorgasbord of deities, religion, superstition, atheism, doubt, agnosticism and humanism? I'm simply marveling at Nature and the Universe without asking too many questions.

To me, that's the living and more attractive alternative to of all these archaic, closed questions that lead nowhere, but permanent conflicts and destruction.

No comments: