Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Losing my shock absorbers?

When I was a younger skier I could absorb almost anything when it came to bumps, obstacles and the rest, but as I'm aging, my ride on snow isn't as smooth as it used to be. I tend to put this on the account of my fading flexibility and I'm probably right.

Along with a collection of outrages, aging brings a marked decrease in flexibility that is mostly caused by changes in the body's connective tissues, combined with arthritis.

This means that my knees, hips, and other joints must bear greater stress during skiing, rather than dissipating all these impacts to the surrounding tissues, such as muscles, tendons, ligament and cartilage, as it happened so well when I was younger.

Short of getting a new pair of less, I guess I'll either need to stay on even terrain or ski a bit less.. I guess I'll pick the latter!

No comments: