Saturday, January 6, 2018

Old Patriarchs leading world religions

Following Mormon Church President's Thomas Monson's death, Russell Nelson, age 93, is set to become the 17th leader of the worldwide faith. Just like old premium wines, or our own Donald Trump, very old male leaders seem to work wonder in all religions.
I know what I'm talking about as a freshly minted spetuagenarian; look at Ali Khamenei, 79, Pope Francis, 81 or Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama, 82...

This seems very old to me, but who am I to judge as freshly minted septuagenarian?

Also, women head of religious faiths are few and far between, and that's not helping either with religion's credibility.

Sure, but who talks about credibility in a domain like religion, steeped into irrationality? I should have thought about this before starting to write that blog!

No comments: