Sunday, April 1, 2018

Exploring paths we never took

For many of us, our lives are the result of choices we've made along the way of growing and maturing.

Without them, we wouldn't be where we are today, no matter how bad or good our place in life has turned out to be.

While the exercise can be at times difficult to imagine and experience, I find it useful and enlightening to go through all the choices we never made, or the paths we never took along the way, in order to discover or try to experience how these could have changed us and modified our destinies.

I do it often as I wake up early in the morning and decide to go revisiting and looking at what these “forks on the road” could have kept away from us.

What I'm delighted to report is that for the most part, I wouldn't want today's results any different than they are, and I'm astounding at the quasi-absence of regret in what was has been my tumultuous life so far.

No comments: