Friday, March 9, 2018

Grateful to be old alive and healthy!

As I wake up each morning, I've developed the habit of marveling at still being alive (quite a few folks my age die in their sleep and don't get the chance to see another day).

Then wonderment seizes me when get off my bed and realize that my body is still functioning – for the most part - and my legs are still able to transport me to the kitchen where it's time for me to get our daily coffee started.

I check the outside temperature, lift a few shades and after looking at the heavens, immediately decide that it's going to be another unique and unforgettable day that will go far too far fast and won't let me do all the things I'd like to tackle.

It sure isn't perfect, but I won't even contemplate any other alternative!

No comments: