Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Parking lot encounter

As we were returning from skiing yesterday afternoon, there was that guy, parked next to us, sitting on the sill of his hatchback and talking loudly on his phone. His pair of skis and boots were just laying, on the pavement, just in the way of our car.
We took our ski boots and helmets off, and when we were ready to leave, I said in a tongue-and-cheek manner: “Better get this equipment out of my way if you want to ski tomorrow!”

To my surprise, the guy didn't take my admonishment this well, and as he picked up on my French accent, he blurted in an unfriendly tone: “Talk to me like that and I'll get you deported!” To which my wife responded “Deport yourself!”.

We speedily backed up and got away from that madman who must also have been a Trump voter...

No comments: