Thursday, March 22, 2018

Living without Facebook

Like 2 billion folks, I have been hooked long-term on Facebook and today, I decided to do something about it.

For too long, and like the rest of my Facebook friends, I was “the product” that made Mark Zuckerberg a billionaire by enabling him to sell advertising and help Trump become president.
What tipped the scale was learning about Cambridge Analytica and its ill-gotten Facebook data from 50 million Facebook followers that had no idea what was going on.

As a result, I've decided to deactivate my account. This is one good step to curing my addiction to that social platform. This essentially puts my account on hold, so I can restore it to the same state if I ever changed my mind.

One exception though: I'll continue using Facebook Messenger for the moment, a feature I find quite convenient.

No comments: