Thursday, November 21, 2019

Ski redemption

This week, I’ve been “working” on the family skis. Including my “rock skis”, this amount to five pairs in various state of disrepair, the rock skis being the worst.

This is the moment of the year when it’s time to pay for the bad encounters made with stumps, rocks and pieces of gravel as they made their marks on the bases during an entire season.

Actually, I should be grateful that last season was as well covered in snow as it was, and only the first weeks of winter did most of the damage I could see.

Well, nothing that some P-tex and energetic hand-filing couldn’t solve…

All this to say that all this handy work should serve as a good reminder that I need to think twice before I engage my boards into unknown and unfriendly territory during the upcoming ski season!

No comments: