Friday, June 26, 2020

Purchasing furniture on line

A few days ago, I ordered a pair of nightstands on line from Walmart and received them on Wednesday. What I had not realized was that the product I ordered wasn’t assembled. Big mistake!

So, here I am with two flat boxed containing all elements (wood, nails, glue, screw) unwilling but ready to put together the beautiful nightstand pictured here.
It takes me 4 hours to assemble the first piece, but the package I got was missing a few key parts to help me complete the job. Further, and unlike the picture shown, the whole nightstand looked flimsy, its paint job was of poor quality and since I didn’t want to wait a week or so to receive whatever was missing,

I had no other choice but return the unopened package and the mostly completed piece of furniture to my local Walmart for a full refund.

Live and learn!

No comments: