Wednesday, January 3, 2024

As another Holiday Season ends…

The Christmas and New Year period is something we usually look forward to, but that quickly takes its toll on the most resilient of us. When it’s over, I tend to breathe more freely and reconnect with my precious routine and gladly return to our regular way of living. 

I think that when the Holiday Season is over, and when it involves being hosted, hosting and traveling, it gets the best out of us, leaving us exhausted and depleted. It’s now time to rest and recharge by beginning to take a mental vacation at least of the whole whirlwind of events. 

So, over the next few days, I’ll try to do just that by slowly easing back into my daily routine, without being too harsh about it. I’m now looking forward to the new snow in the forecast to resume skiing in good winter conditions, unlike the one we had to face until now with bad snow and huge crowds. 

One thing for sure is that I will eat and drink much less and that’s welcome news. I will also gently integrate my goals for the new year in taking my time to fine-tune them and make sure they fit well in my normal life. I can appreciate that it's normal to feel a bit down after the holidays, and I plan to be patient with myself and allow my body and mind enough time to recover. 

Hopefully this will work and if it doesn’t, I’ll ask you for further help!

No comments: