Thursday, January 4, 2024

Ski harder to become better?

This year for me will be that of quality over quantity. 

That said, I went skiing on Wednesday. The weather was cold, gloomy and just uninviting, plus I had a lot of paperwork to do, yet I forced myself to go out and decided that it would be an excellent opportunity to “Put some quality skiing into my life!” 

The idea sounds good and the goal makes sense, so how do I get to it? 

Here’s my custom-tailored recipe to the way I ski. I pick the most challenging area for me on the mountain, and when conditions are what they have been until now, I’ll focus on skiing as safely as I can, also as smoothly and fluidly as possible, while avoiding the many obstacles (rocks, stumps, trees small and tiny, icy spots, as well as the ugly moguls we currently have). 

Of course, it will require my undivided attention, with no “robotic skiing” allowed as is generally the case on perfectly manicured ski runs. I do that for as long as my body or my allowed time can stand. I even found it fun (obviously, I’m a ski fanatic) and returned home fully satisfied. I slept very well that night. 

Try it, you just need to have the heart for it!

No comments: