Friday, September 21, 2007

Thinking of Thule boxes

“Kilometre Zero”is a movie about the ethnic conflict between Kurds and Iraqis in the context of the war between Iraq and Iran in the 1980s. Funny at times, the movie shows, among others themes, the return of Iraqis “martyr” bodies to their family via a fleet of Toyota taxicabs, each carrying one casket on its roof. That image made me wonder about the effectiveness the delivery system and I couldn’t help but draw a parallel between these many caskets and the Thule boxes that we see atop of cars driven by active folks. Does that mean that when I pass away I'd like to be buried in my Thule box? Probably not as I'm considering cremation, but when you compare the cost of a roof box to the cheapest Costco product, a Thule box is both a cheaper and classier alternative that ought to be considered by die-hard sportsmen…

No comments: