Saturday, September 22, 2007

Still Palming…

As an early Palm Pilot adopter, my addiction to the PDA device has been hard to shake over all these years. So when my M130 failed to hot-synch, instead of trying to download some new USB drivers, I decided to shop for a replacement. I had always thought of going with a Treo, that jack of all trades, but didn’t feel like paying for all the recurring costs that come with these so-called “smart phones.” In addition, I loved “graffiti” the Palm’s hand writing feature and didn’t see my big fingers hunt and peck on a minuscule keyboard. Besides, I hardly ever use my cell phone except when I go out of the house as a “just in case" convenience. Of course, when we go out of town, we generally forward our land line onto our cell phones. At the end, I was ready to go with a T-Mobile Blackberry with internet and email access when I stumbled on the Palm T/X that does everything my old Palm did and then some, plus lets me now surf the web whenever I find myself in a wireless hotspot. Skeptical at first, I have been positively overwhelmed by the device as soon as I set it up, the same way I was ten years ago when I was introduced to my first PDA!

No comments: