Monday, September 10, 2007

My buddy Denys...

I met Denys Liboz when we both worked for Look ski bindings. He was a tech rep for the U.S. Ski Team and was taking care, among others, of the Mahre twin brothers. Denys is a great athlete who’s also very competitive; I remember running with him in the morning near San Francisco and race him down Ajax, in Aspen, Colorado. A well-rounded sportsman, he more recently went into cross-country skiing and road biking. Through time, we’ve always stayed in contact, and a few years ago Denys was diagnosed with amyloidosis, a rare sickness that’s also very difficult to treat. Thanks to his grit and combative spirit he was able to beat it and continues today the struggle for regaining a decent quality of life. Another remarkable trait of my friend is to have remained positive and to have kept his sense of humor in spite of all the blows that live has served him. Keep on fighting Denys!

1 comment:

CliveJO said...

Although we never met, Denys Liboz was a cousin of mine. Our fathers were brothers. I am sorry to learn of his death. He and I did exchange emails some years ago, mainly about family history - his father's (Herbert Liboz)marriage to his mother (Cecile) and her subsequent marriage to M. Baladi, and so on.
Please get in touch with me if you would like to.
Clive Simmonds, Montpellier, France.
clivesimmonds07@gmail.com