Monday, March 9, 2009

All you want to know about snowfall

Ever since Denys Trombert, a good friend of mine, prompted me to keep a record of the weather and major events coloring my life, I’ve obliged. I’ve actually begun in August of 2006 and if you were to ask me today, I can now tell you with a reasonable degree of accuracy our past weather history. Since this winter has been dryer than usual, Evelyne has been – for quite sometime - begging me for a snowfall comparison with last season. Since my administrative staff has been busy tracking the ever-changing economic news, her request had to wait till today. With no further ado, here’s that stark reality: To date and since the beginning of winter, we’ve only received 86” compared with 197” of snow a year ago. The season before, we stood at 98”; these of course are cumulative numbers. Don’t get me wrong, skiing has been pretty good and the main difference is that my biceps are a bit flabbier, for an obvious lack of shoveling. It just feels good to know that these numbers are right instead of venturing some wild and inaccurate guess…

No comments: