Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Living in Utah feels good!

On March 10, Gallup released the results of its well-being survey in the USA. According to the famous pollsters, we made the right choice when we picked Utah some 24 years ago. That "well-being" survey measured how residents felt about physical, mental, and emotional health - among other factors - and when the results came out, Utah scored 69.2 (out of a possible 100), compared to a national average of 65.5. It was followed on the list by Hawaii (this one makes sense) and Wyoming (you probably need to be a cow-boy to appreciate.) West Virginia ranked last in well-being with a score of 61.2. I don’t know how these results compare with the rest of the world and how Utah stands when compared to Monaco (it should actually be Denmark, the number one ranked, but I prefer the French Riviera!) or if West Virginia would beat Zimbabwe (I think it could,) but I feel much better as a result of it and frankly I don’t care if we are 1 or 2% ahead of the Prince Albert’s subjects, I can go skiing when I want during the winter season or mountain bike the rest of year without going very far from my home. To me, that’s well-being!

No comments: