Monday, July 20, 2009

My addiction for weeding

What a better segue-way to yesterday's blog than talking about my weeding addiction. That's right, we all know about the nefarious side of addictions like smoking drinking and doing illicit drugs. My addiction, although not unhealthy, is no less deeply engrained. It started with our previous home, when – ahead of our times – we decided in favor of a natural landscaping and re-vegetated the surroundings of our new house the way they were before construction began. The endeavor meant getting rid of a multitude of weeds over a period of six to eight years; seems hard to believe, but like most uninvited guests, weeds can really be tenacious.

These days, in our more traditional garden, weeds are still present and need to be eradicated. Most of the time, it's just good therapy, but when I'm really mad at myself (or somebody else) it become the best anger management tool ever devised. This form of behavior is an incredible mean to speed up time and while I know this is bad, it's sometime hard to resist the song of these deep-rooted earthly mermaids... Since it's a deep addiction, it doesn't require any effort. Just seeing a conspicuous plant that's not part of the accepted family gives me – and my wife, I should add – a passionate rush. If you're interested in picking up this great dependency, just contact me for extra tips.

No comments: