Friday, June 15, 2012

Head-on collision!

This had never happened to me before, but was probably bound to. I've always feared the full-blown head-on collision on some blind corner, but this one happened to me in an area of Park City Mid-Mountain Trail, in the segment linking Deer Valley to Park City, where there's reasonable visibility. As I was cruising fairly fast on a level stretch of the trail, crossing the steep slopes where the old “Ski Team” chairlift used to be, a girl arrived barreling down a slight incline.
I instantly hit the brakes, she didn't not. She wrongly assumed that just because she was a woman, she didn't have to stop and failed to realize that she had to yield to me as she was descending. I almost head over the handlebar when our two front tires made contact. I fell, broke the GoPro cam attachment off my helmet and ended up with a few scratches.

 I told the girl “You should have stopped!” She replied: “You were coming fast and it was your fault too” I said: “You were going down...” She said: “You, were going down!” I was pissed off, gave up and left it at that. After all, she was a girl and her gender suffers from some serious limitations with anything spatial...

No comments: