Monday, June 4, 2012

Surprise breakfast!

Eating insects seems to be what's hot these days; some have even found a respectable name for the practice: Entomophagy! These little guys are loaded with proteins and don't contribute much to greenhouse gases (have you ever heard a grasshopper fart?) There's hardly a day when a trendy restaurant isn't not broadening its fare with some edible insect meals. This means that either we fight the trend or we join it.

I finally did this morning; as we were running, we passed this gigantic network of beaver dams that the furry rodents have been building for the past six month on the edge of our neighborhood, and that now seem to attract mosquitoes from all over the world! As I was not in my best running shape this morning, was huffing, puffing and opening my big month, I caught a mouthful of these lively mosquitoes.

I found them just filling, not really tasty. I guess they're more delectable when they're fried. So one serving was enough for this morning. I'll do better next time and if I finally get used to it, I might, from that point forward, decide to catch my breakfast on the go!

 

No comments: