Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Unconditional love?

It's funny how politics work. Often times, supporters are so passionate about the candidate they support that they are 100% behind the person and lead you to believe that their favorite is worth, just that, 100%!

I tend to see things differently; for me most politicians are, from the get go, not the prime representative sample of society. For the most part they are folks who couldn't do something really productive, yet crave public adulation and lack the audacity for embracing a risky stage career. I see them as “second-choice citizens.”

Call me cynical if you will, but I believe that if 100% was the ideal, perfect individual for a political job, most elected official, are barely making it to the 50% mark, with a vast majority swimming below that salutary level. For instance, late April, when Sarkozy and Hollande were fighting for France's top job, I credited the former with 60% and the latter with just 50%.

Today, you could ask me the same question between Obama and Romney; I'd say that for me, Barack Obama still leads by 10 to 15%, but I won't say for sure if his opponent stands at the 40 or even the 45% level. The next months will tell... 

No comments: