Sunday, March 24, 2013

Another letter to one my Senators

Senator Mike Lee of Utah is a member of the Tea Party and yesterday, he delivered the national weekly radio address, in response to President Obama's own. Although, I didn't vote for him, Senator Lee represents me in Washington, so this is how I responded to his address:

Dear Senator Lee,

I am saddened to hear that your speech doesn't offer much room for compromise - a key ingredient in any successful and productive group work, including marriage, business and even team sports.

On the 10th anniversary of a useless and totally wasteful war in Iraq (cost $2 trillion) not to mention its genocidal side (several hundred thousand casualties), you're still picking on trivial staff that doesn't come even close to the magnitude of this tragedy.

Whether your like it or not, your Job is to WORK TOGETHER WITH THE OPPOSITE SIDE and achieve the kind of governance we deserve through productive compromise. Do just that, Senator, and as one many Utahns you are serving, I'll be proud of your accomplishment.

No comments: