Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happier today than yesterday

Whenever I talk to my French friends, I end up a tiny bit depressed after hearing their views about the world and their downbeat assessment of their own political scene, with no good news in sight.

 This said, their downbeat attitude isn't new. It's been the same for as long as I have left my home country and moved to America. French people have a knack for always seeing the glass as half-empty.

Yet, I can't help but realize that my life (and also theirs) has been getting better every year for over that entire period of time. We're living better, eating better, exercising more and are also staying more informed and connected to the rest of the world than ever before.

So what's wrong with this negative assessment? Probably too much comfort and cradle-to-grave assistance as people experience in that part of the world is poisonous to people's psyche.

Well, that doesn't quite wok for me. I take any improvement any day and intend to view my world this way for a very long time!

No comments: