Monday, March 11, 2013

Feeling young (again!)

Today was a special day for me. First, it was a full ski day, from first opening to closing time and with a competitive flavor too, as I was attempting to ski a maximum number of runs at Deer Valley Resort.

While I was a bit apprehensive the day before, I got up early this morning, went running in the dark with my head-lamp on in this still dark daylight-saving morning hour and at 8:58 am was boarding the first chair at Deer Valley. I was done by 4:26 pm, after a quick pit stop behind a pine tree and a lunch taken on the go, that is on the chair.

When all was said and done and tallied up, I had done 65 runs out of some 100 possible and accumulated some 62,000 vertical feet! That night after dinner, my wife and I went for a 2 mile walk so I could just unwind a bit!

No comments: