Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bloated Olympic!

In my last blog, I shared my fatigue for these seemingly endless Winter Olympics Games. One reason is the excessive number of events. In recent history, the Winter Games have seen their total number of events more than triple between 1960 at Squaw Valley and today in Sochi.
I'm convinced less would be much, much better, especially after watching the boarder-cross which that is more a piece of circus act than a legitimate winter sports.

I might not go quite as far as saying "let's get rid of snowboarding" or "do away with skeleton", but it is high time to clean up some of these questionable events and reduce the total number of events to around 50 or something thing of this order, which would be around what we had in Sarajevo. Clearly, the IOC must be asleep at the wheel ...

No comments: