Sunday, May 4, 2014

How could I have done that?

Not so long ago, there were no computers, cell phones or GPS, and often, we're hearing ourselves saying: “How could I have done this before the advent of spreadsheets, mobile communications or satellite Geo-location?”
Just recently, as I was sitting on a four-hour plane ride, I was thinking to myself: “How could have done this for so many years?” Traveling the world over, crisscrossing America and somehow, enjoying it.

Now it's much different. I seem totally cured of my wanderlust addiction, have lost that joy of traveling and am enjoying staying home. I still do enjoy a long road trip, now and then, but jet-fuel scented adventures no longer attracts me as it still did a decade ago.

The reality is that we change and what made us tick years ago is now a drag, but there's always something new that will attract my curiosity. So as everything changes, there's still no room for boredom!

No comments: