Saturday, May 31, 2014

When randomness creates art...

Yesterday, as I was observing the landscape workers laying big rocks into the dirty “war-zone” our backyard still looks like, I was wondering “will it look good? Should I intervene, micro-manage the process and tell them where and how I'd like these big boulders to be placed?”

I relented and decided to let these guys, who do this work for a living, decide in a mixture of randomness and inspiration.
The offshoot wasn't too bad. While it wasn't quite as perfect as we would have liked, it was pretty close and after doing some tweaking here and there, we may have something we like, simply because it wasn't over-staged, also because it was the product of someone's inspiration in a creative process that wasn't highjacked by someone's else.

No comments: