Friday, May 23, 2014

Vail vs. Cumming (continued...)

One of my friends is taking me to task about my opinion on John Cumming, owner of Park City Mountain Resort (PCMR) and that of his dad. Well, I just would like to say that John is the sole responsible for starting the food fight. His organization screwed up by missing a key date and then, Cumming took the route bullies take by accusing the other party for PCMR's misfortune.
The best defense is offense, approach. He took his case to the community, but it quickly unraveled when it became public knowledge that PCMR measly yearly rent was only $155,000! That was the end. From there the public misinformation continued and the case made by Cumming became more and more far-fetched as time went on.

Based on that, one could have concluded that John Cumming was plain stupid. I thought he wasn't and instead believed that malevolence prevailed. I'm sure Rob Katz is no angel either, but all along he's been able to state Vail's case with a logic and clarity that the PCMR chief could never match.

Ian Cumming is more a mystery to me and his latest move to purchase Snowbird just seem out of order in an already confused collection of weird moves...

No comments: