Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The luxury of financial independence...

In a recent interview in L'Équipe Magazine, Killy was asked if his promotional work in America in the late 60s – early 70s wasn't too stressful.

He responded: “I didn't think it would be as tough. But I new that my work would bring me great financial ease that would unlock my life. And get me my freedom back. I never liked money for money's sake. Just for the freedom it would buy me. All my life has been built upon that reality, the freedom to say yes or no.”

Of course, we all have bosses and those can take a wide variety of forms, but not being too dependent on money certainly gives us wings. Richness is a relative notion that – past a certain threshold – has little to do with specific amounts; it's more conditioned by personal lifestyle, but being free from “owing” frees us from a huge burden. Something worth working towards...

No comments: