Saturday, December 27, 2014

Lasting longer on skis

I sincerely think my most powerful and carefree ski days are behind me, but I still love to ski fast, get on challenging terrain and having tons of fun on my two boards.

Now, how do I make that joy last as I'm growing older and as my frame can't take all the punishment that come with encountering nasty bumps, taking punishing falls and cruising fast down some high-risk terrain?
The answer seems pretty obvious: Tune down the excitement, slow down enough and do a bit less of everything. Simply put, turn the dial down as time advances.

The idea is to make that wonderful fun last just a bit longer and stay away from the temptation of stupid and reckless moves.

Leave these to the 25 and younger crowd. Subconsciously, I know all of that, but writing it down helps me sinking-in that survivalist philosophy!

No comments: