Thursday, December 11, 2014

Why endure future pain now?

I've written a lot about the uselessness of worry and while I'm sold on the idea, I still worry about certain things upon which I have absolutely no control and that might or might not happen. A total waste of my time, thinking and energy.

Then there is that nagging worry about events that will happen for sure, like the end of the world, death, snowy, rainy and sunny days. These things, big and small, will happen for sure and for the vast majority of them too, there's strictly nothing I can do.

Yet, they grind me, grab my focus and establish their unwanted and polluting presence inside my mind. I hate this so much that today, I've decided to chase these useless demons from my mind and attempt to focus solely on the here and now and these millions of elements, big and small, I can still control and change.

Why haven't I thought about this a long time ago?

No comments: