Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Listening to the body...

Early morning, as we slowly wake-up, remains the best opportunity to listen to one's (aging) body and check it for potential areas of concern.

That daily check that begins at the toes and ends up at the skull, is a great way to spot pain, soreness and other sign of trouble, or just say “good morning!” to many vital vital parts and body regions. I worry most about my ankles, my knees and hips.

The internal organs never tell me much and my back and shoulders are still pretty well-behaved. Sometimes, there's a hint of rheumatoid arthritis, but that doesn't count really as it's a rather volatile pain. After that quick, three minute exam, I realize that my “skiing joints” still seem to work and I'm profoundly grateful for that!

No comments: