Sunday, February 22, 2015

Terrain is what makes skiing great!

Often, I'm asked how skiing in and around Park City compares with the Alps. I usually tell them that the European mountains are steeper, the valleys deeper and all this offers more vertical, plus that there are many interconnected resorts, but that the slopes are also far more crowded and lift lines are pure anarchy.

I often forget however that our terrain is every bit as good, if not much better than the Alps, and especially our tree-skiing, which stands out as some of the best. When snow is scarce, like this year, it forces skiers to explore even more, get super creative, and discover unique nooks and crannies that give skiing its wonderful character and make for long-lasting memories.

As I like to say to people, in this record-dry winter, I've never skied as much and also never had as much fun!

No comments: